Comment on page
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process for making a cross-chain transfer. First of all, click “Go to Bridge” to launch the dApp at the homepage.
Before you can get your hand on the cross-chain transfer, you will need to connect to your wallet, and both Metamask and Leo Wallet are required for login.
Click the Metamask icon and the Leo Wallet icon on the top right corner of the page respectively, the pop-up shows the wallet currently supported.
After successfully login, you should now see your wallet address at the top right corner of the page.
To begin with, make sure you have some test tokens, and if you don’t, just head to the “Support” in the menu bar at the top, you will find everything you need.
Let’s say you want to transfer 0.4 ETH from the Sepolia testnet to the Aleo testnet. The steps are made simple in IZAR:
- 1.Select “Sepolia” testnet in the dropbox on the left side and “Aleo” in the dropbox on the right.
- 2.Enter the amount you want to send in the “You Send” box. You should see the estimated amount you will receive in the “Estimated Received” sector at the bottom.
- 3.Hit “Send” button and you will be prompted to confirm your transaction. Once confirmed, just wait for the transaction to be synced to the Aleo network, which might take a couple minutes (Max 10 min) given our relayer needs to generate snark proofs for each transaction.
You can also check the transaction status in “History”, the transaction ID will show up once it’s completed.
Alternatively, you can also view your transaction status via the Aleo Blockchain Explorer, which can be accessed via the transaction ID displayed under “To”, or copy the ID and paste it into the search box of the Aleo Explorer to find the transaction.
And voila! Congratulations on completing your first cross-chain transfer from Ethereum to Aleo on IZAR!
- Bridged ETH will not be seen in Leo Wallet balance as there is no official token standard on Aleo at the moment.
- When bridging ETH from Aleo testnet back to Sepolia testnet, please click on the Leo Wallet plugin and open a new page allowing the wallet to synchronizing the data.
When the progress reaches 100%, it indicates that data synchronization is complete.
- 1.After completing the above steps you can now proceed with switching back to the Sepolia testnet from the Aleo testnet. However, to do so, you'll need test Aleo credits. If you don't have any, you can head to Aleo Faucet, and claim your credits through SMS. They should normally arrive within 1 hours.
- 2.Once you obtained the test credits, input the amount you wish to transfer and click "send." Then confirm the transaction through your wallet. At this point, the wallet will generate proof through your laptop. You will see this page pops up, and the process should take a few minutes. Once completed, the page will automatically exit
Please note that the wallet needs to download prover files the first time you initiate a transaction from Aleo to Sepolia, so it will cost an extra time. Click on the wallet icon in your browser, you will see how the progress goes.
- 3.Finally, click on "History" to view all the cross-chain transaction history, which can be checked through a click of the IDs.
We highly recommend that users complete a full round-trip test (from Aleo testnet to Sepolia, and vice versa) to fully experience our product. Your feedback is valuable to us, so please don't hesitate to share it with us at any time. We're committed to continuously improving and refining our platform to provide the best possible user experience.